Terms and Conditions (“Terms”)
- The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
- Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
- This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
- All trademarks reproduced in this website, which are not the property of, or licensed to the operator, are acknowledged on the website.
- Unauthorised use of this website may give to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
- From time to time this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).
- You may not create a link to this website from another website or document without GRS Motor Group Ltd's prior written consent.
- Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of England, Scotland and Wales.
REFUND POLICY: Contact our office for further details.
Changes to European driving
From 29th March, regardless of whether there is a deal or no deal Brexit, all drivers taking vehicles abroad will require a VE103 form issued by the owner of the vehicle, an insurance Green Card and a GB car sticker, in order to drive in the EU.
After Brexit it is likely that more checks will be carried out and if driver does not hold the correct paperwork, the vehicle could be seized.
In order to avoid this and the associated costs in having to repatriate the vehicle back to the UK, we are urging all Licensees to ensure their customers are aware of this in good time before they intend to travel.
From the 29th March all drivers will require ALL of the following:
- VE103 form and letter of authority to take the vehicle abroad, issued by the owner of the vehicle (these cannot be self-issued where VRS have supplied the car on a Rent Return basis). The driver must carry the originals, so please allow time for postage.
- Motor insurance Green Card, which should be issued by your motor insurer and must be printed on green paper (if the print at home kind). If an accident occurs in the EU the claim must be started whilst the driver is still in the EU.
- GB badge (even if the vehicle has a Euro-pate with the EU flag and GB sign) or a GB number plate without the EU flag, if the vehicle was plated with one.
- If travelling to France the driver will also require a Crit’Air certificate when travelling to certain towns and cities. The areas where these are required is increasing, so please see the attached link for details https://www.crit-air.fr/en/information-about-the-critair-vignette/french-environmental-zones-zcr/french-environmental-zones.html and to obtain the certificate please go to the following official website https://www.certificat-air.gouv.fr/en
- Drivers should always check the driving restrictions/requirements of the country they intent to drive in and more countries now have green zones. Please visit the following site for more information https://www.green-zones.eu/en/
To obtain a VE103 form and letter of authority please contact the team on 01646 603 872 or email email@example.com with the following details:
- Registration number of the vehicle
- Name and address of the main driver on the rental agreement of the vehicle
- Date they are due to exit the country
- Where you provide any personal information, you acknowledge that:
- Date they are due to return to the country
The cost of the VE103 form is £5 + VAT and will be added to your monthly invoice schedule upon request for each form. Please provide sufficient notice when requesting these documents to allow time to receive them in the post, given that the driver is required to be in possession of the original copies. Forms will be sent by recorded delivery at the below cost but should you require them urgently then we can send them via special delivery direct to the driver (please specify if you require this in the email).
Postage costs are as follows:
- Special delivery £6.15
- Recorded delivery £2.50
- Licensees that have not followed the above will be liable for all repatriation costs if a vehicle is seized.
- If you require any further information regarding the above, please do not hesitate to contact of the team on 01646 603 872